Randy Craig, with 49 days since his last drink, shares his story.
[2:53] Paul Introduces Randy. I was born and raised in Casper Wyoming. I went to school in Colorado, and worked there for a few years. Music has been a part of my life since I was very young. I like to read, play music, take my dog on walks. My passion revolves around my music.
Randy tells his story in detail to Paul, and explains his journey up to this point.
[41:59] Rapid Fire Round
- What was your worst memory from drinking? Waking up in that Hospital in ICU.
- Did you ever have an “oh-shit” moment? My first detox.
- What’s your favorite resource in recovery? Out of the Wreck I Rise” – by Neil Steinberg
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received (on sobriety)? It starts with you.
- What parting piece of guidance can you give listeners who are in recovery or thinking about quitting drinking? If you are even questioning it, odds are you should try to stop it before it gets worse. It is an awful disease.
- You might be an alcoholic if… I’m on my deathbed with an expired liver, and still have the energy to go to the bar.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
This episode was brought to you by RX Bar. Visit RXbar.com/elevator and use the promo code elevator for 25% off your first order.
Connect with Cafe RE– Use the promo code Opportunity to waive the set-up fee.
Sober Selfies! – Send your Sober Selfie and your Success Story to firstname.lastname@example.org
“We took the elevator down, we gotta take the stairs back up, we can do this!”