Here's the Plan for Dry July 2021
Registration opens Monday, June 7th!
- This is our most intensive course, which we offer twice per year, geared towards someone who is seriously ready to ditch the booze for a month or longer. This course is all about accountability, building a solid emotional foundation, and having fun.
- We're meeting 13 times in July via zoom to give you the tools and accountability needed for an alcohol-free July... and hopefully more!
- Saying goodbye to the booze on your own can be challenging. Doing it with a cohort of other who have reached the same conclusion about alcohol can be fun!
- 72% of course attendees remain alcohol-free for the duration of Recovery Elevator courses. Hats off to that!
- Build close connections with your cohort in group discussions and smaller breakout room discussions with guided prompts.
- We'll be focusing more on creating a life where alcohol is no longer needed. We've found that when we have healthy altruistic relationships with fellow human beings, the need for alcohol or any external substance drastically reduces.
- You'll connect with others across the globe who also want to ditch the booze. Why? Because alcohol is sh!t.
- You'll learn battle-tested tools, techniques, and practices to help you push through life stressors... without taking a drink.
- You'll learn why will power alone isn't enough to quit drinking. Find out how to leverage your struggles with alcohol to build a powerful community and support network in your life.
- We're going to have fun. This is a non-negotiable line item. Laughter, joy and lame jokes are necessary when quitting drinking.
- Learn the science behind addiction, and how we can leverage concepts of quantum science when departing from alcohol.
- All sessions are pet friendly. We love our pets at Recovery Elevator. Why? Because pets live life from the heart.
- Understand the basics of meditation, mindfulness, and spirituality. Learn practical ways to implement these powerful concepts on your journey.
- We'll cover how to navigate challenging social situations without alcohol and how to tell people you no longer drink poison.
- Learn the recipe for a delicious AF beverage. Make the drink with your cohort, sip, and enjoy together.
- A whole new "you" awaits in July 2021. Learn how to set a clear intention into the quantum field which will then draw that happy, joyful life towards you like a magnet, instead of you making everything happen in your life. Learn about manifestation and other exciting universal laws.
Session 1 – Thursday July, 1st 8:30 PM EST: Paul
– Meet your cohort and instructors
– Get clear on the “why” you’re quitting drinking
– Set the intention for an alcohol-free July individually and with the cohort
– The myths of alcoholism… Is this a disease? Is it genetic?
– Neuroplasticity: can the brain heal itself?
– Game plan for the rest of the course
Session 2 – Sunday, July 4th 1:00 PM EST | Happy July 4th 🎇: Paul
– Guest speaker shares their story for 20 minutes followed by Q&A
– Check-in with your cohort with Q&A and share what’s working for you
Session 3 – Monday, July 5th 8:30 PM EST: Patrick
– The opposite of addiction is connection
– Learn how to leverage your “drinking problem” in your favor by building altruistic connections
Session 4 – Thursday, July 8th 8:30 PM EST: Paul
– Stacking days vs. continuous sobriety time.
– Discover your flow state where the neural connections around an addiction begin to fade
Session 5 – Sunday, July 11th 1:00 PM EST: Kate Spalding
– Kate’s story and mocktail 101 class
– Learn how to make a mocktail step by step with Kate and the enjoy with your cohort
Session 6 – Monday, July 12th 8:30 PM EST ***80’s night***: Odette
– Dress in your favorite 80’s attire for class. Cohort will vote on best dressed and winners gets a $50 coupon to the RE merch store.
– An alcohol-free life is the opportunity of a lifetime: Opportunity VS Sacrifice
– The Golden Rule 22: Fun
Session 7 – Thursday, July 15th 8:30 PM EST: Patrick
– Calming the Mind: Strategies for slowing and working with the thinking mind
– Meditation and Mindfulness 101
Session 8- Sunday, July 18th 1:00 PM EST: Paul
– Guest speaker shares their story for 20 minutes followed by Q&A
– Touch-base and connect with your cohort – Pet friendly
– Share your favorite recovery book
Session 9 – Monday, July 19th 8:30 PM EST: Paul
– Which recovery path is right for me?
– A.A, Smart Recovery, Plant Medicine (ayahuasca), talk therapy, in-patient treatment, pharmaceutical therapies (Naltrexone, Antabuse) and more
– AF Beverages, NA beers, Kombucha
Session 10 – Thursday, July 22nd 8:30 PM EST: Patrick
– What does spirituality and recovery mean?
– Learn what mystics such as The Buddha or Jesus have to say about a drinking problem
Session 11 – Sunday, July 25th 1:00 PM EST | WATCH PARTIES: Paul
– Viewing party location shout-outs
– Guest Speaker shares their story for 20 minutes followed by a Q&A
– Touch-base and connect with your cohort – Pet friendly
Session 12 – Monday, July 26th 8:30 PM EST: Paul
– Quantum science and your alcohol-free life
– Tipping points – How Newton’s third law of motion applies to your alcohol-free journey
– The 4 main addiction chemicals: endorphins, dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin
Session 13 – Thursday, July 29th 8:30 PM EST: Patrick
– Course closeout and final thoughts
– Does moderate drinking work?
– What does the recovery pathway look like in the long-term?
– What’s next: discuss game plan for the remainder of 2021 and beyond
Recovery ElevatorRESTORE Course Dry July 2021
– 13-course sessions in the month of July 2021
– Small group breakout discussions with others who want to ditch the booze
– Course work emailed directly after weekday sessions
– Zoom link for course recording if you missed the session
– PDF and Audio versions of Alcohol is SH!T included
– Practical tools and tips to help you quit drinking
– Get accountability for the rest of 2021
– As many laughs and smiles as you can handle
Registration opens Monday, June 7th 2021
Meet your course instructors
Paul Churchill is the former Recovery Elevator podcast host and author of the best selling book on Amazon Alcohol is SH!T. He’s learned that connection and accountability are vital to an alcohol-free life in his six years away from alcohol. He feels that fun with a capital F is required to depart from any learned behavior that may be negatively impacting our lives. In Paul’s free time he likes to get outside with his standard poodle Ben, and has recently picked up an old hobby skateboarding again! He recognizes it was his “drinking problem” that gifted him the most incredible life. Go figure.
Dr. Patrick Foley is a badass. Let’s take a look…
B.A., Philosophy, Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Councilor, Masters of Ministry, Masters of Teaching, Doctorate of Divinity all come along with Patrick.
For over 25 years, Patrick has taught classes in world religions, education, death and dying, and spiritual traditions. As his professional practice evolved, he continued to examine his relationship with alcohol and how it would separate him from a path and practice to live a joyful life, in the here and now.
Odette Cressler is the current host of the Recovery Elevator podcast and brings a wealth of knowledge and first-hand experience to this course. She’s an AF Rockstar Sober Celeb!! She first entered the recovery world with an eating disorder over ten years ago. She learned tools and techniques that she has applied to her current nearly two-year alcohol-free journey. Odette brings a level 10 authenticity to everything she touches… which is a big reason why Recovery Elevator is doing so many incredible things. Odette lives in San Diego with her family and rescue dog named Charlie from Tijuana.
Kris Oyen has been a leader in the Recovery Elevator private communities Café RE since 2017. His light and guidance have helped thousands quit drinking. He reached a definitive moment in his life where he realized alcohol had to go. The writing was on the wall. His wife left him, and he was living in a camper… a true country western song. We feel he has one of the most remarkable stories we’ve heard, which represents the signifcant level of change we are capable of as human beings. You can hear Kris’ full story on episode 278 of the podcast.
Hi, I’m Kate and I have removed alcohol from my life, only to thrive. While I knew from pretty much my first drink that alcohol wasn’t something I was ever going to be good at, I kept trying for 20 years. In May 2018 I was crying at my desk again one hungover morning and googled “recovery podcast.” Recovery Elevator came up and when I hit play and I heard Paul say his sober date, I felt like I exhaled for the first time in 20 years. His sober date is the same as my birthday and that made me feel safe. I binge-listened for the next two months and hopefully took my last drink that August.
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our herd of cats. For fun I like to knit, cross-stitch, cook, sing, make AF cocktails, and dance and I move my body daily. You can hear my full story on episode 315 of the Recovery Elevator podcast.
If you’re on the fence, just do it. Ditching the Booze was exactly what I needed when I was newly sober. I was looking for added accountability and connections, both of which I received. I loved the small group breakouts. This really created a safe space for me to open up and share my journey with other like-minded individuals. I still chat with a few of my group members. I’m grateful for these real connections because it’s vital for long term sobriety.
One of the courses I enjoyed in Recovery Elevator is the Ditching The Booze course. I am always interested in learning more ways to cope with living an alcohol-free life. Within this 6 week course, I learned about burning the ships, connecting with other members in a small group, and getting into a routine along with so much more. The daily support and guidance from the small group continue to this day well after the 6 weeks. I encourage anyone looking for support, guidance, and tools to live an alcohol-free lifestyle to join. Whether you are on day 1 or day 1000, this course is an amazing resource to help you on your sober journey.
I participated in the first DTB back in May of 2020 and am so glad I did. For me, the most valuable part was having the support of my team in the WhatsApp group (we still chat frequently to this day) and having a weekly webinar that I could plan to attend each week. The ideas and information shared in the course are very valuable for one to use to help add tools to their sobriety toolbox and build a better life. Not just for sobriety, but life in general. I enjoyed it so much I attended the second course in August just to reiterate what I had learned and foound even more tools. Many of which are still part of my daily life.
I have been a Team Leader for the European members of Café RE for the previous two Ditch the Booze courses. These six week sessions have added a unique level of connection to a minority of the community who live in a different time zone. This connection has reaffirmed that we are not alone on this amazing journey of sobriety. I have made some new friends throughout the courses and have also as a result had my first in person meet up with another group member. We now have smaller, more intimate groups of people who are willing and able to be vulnerable and seek a solution to a common issue. These courses are a fantastic opportunity for personal growth and development. I look forward to many more of these sessions and I can’t wait to meet new people. Thank you Recovery Elevator for the opportunity to serve the community.
I joined the last Ditching the Booze course as a way to see if I could stay sober for the 6 weeks. I didn’t think I had a “real” drinking problem, just curious to see how it would go. I learned so much during that short time including more about my relationship to alcohol. I indeed did have a problem with alcohol or alcohol had a problem with me, lol. I’ve remained sober today because of that humble beginning. So thankful for the connections I made and am now trying to give back by co-leading with a new friend in this new Ditching the Booze course. Beyond blessed to have found CAFE RE! 💙
I have completed two Ditching the Booze courses and am now on my third as Team Leader. The content and information taught in the course has been invaluable in helping me learn new ways and methods of living a life without alcohol. By far the greatest gift it has given me though, is the camaraderie and lasting friendships I have formed with the smaller groups formed to support each other through the course. Highly recommend to anyone curious to Ditch the Booze!
What is your refund policy?
Refunds are issued for 14 days after the course start date. No questions asked.
Who is this course for?
This course is for the new comer. It’s geared towards anyone who is seriously questioning their relationship with alcohol or for someone who has previously tried to quit on their own and didn’t have the success they wanted. Consider this a “Sobriety 101.”
Is this course 12-Step based?
No, it isn’t. However, in one of the sessions, we’ll cover different healing modalities and A.A will be included. If you decide that A.A is right for you, then great! All course instructors have experience or currently attend A.A and we feel this course, in conjunction with your 12-Step program should add some major sobriety fuel to the tank.
What if I missed the webinar? Can I attend this course if I live on the other side of the world?
All sessions are recorded and a link is sent out within 3 hours of the course. We do recommend attending “live” as much as possible so you can participate in the small group breakout discussions. There may be some late nights for those of you in the U.K timezones, but should be worth it.
Oops, I drank during the course... now what?
You wouldn’t be the first or the last. Our advice is to keep showing up. Over and over. You betcha we value continuous alcohol-free time, but we feel there are other more important parameters of success, such as loving yourself regardless of where you find yourself at this very moment.
Can I sign up after the course start date?
Yes, you can sign up at any time during the month the course is offered.
Is this a religious or spiritual based course?
Religious no, but spiritual yes. Our guy Patrick will cover all that stuff including what a Higher Power means, do you need one, how to levitate and how to summon an eagle with your thoughts. Well, maybe not all of that.